Monday, September 26, 2005

in the beginning there was the word

or
why I write

because I want to.
because I love to.
because I have to.

Maybe I suffer from the disease that haunts all those poor individuals who consider themselves to be different.
Maybe I just lack someone to talk to.
Maybe I make up too many things in my head and there's not enough room for all of them.
Or maybe, and that's the explanation I personally tend to, there is no explanation.
I'm just the way I am and writing is simply a part of me.

I blame it on my fascination with words - or rather - my obsession with words. From an early age on I've always lived in my own world made of words. I am constantly writing the story of my life. Everything that ever happens to me is immediately commented by a tiny little voice in my head that is very insistent and therefore hard to ignore. I refuse to think of it as my own voice because it's kind of venomous and I'm a bit touchy when it comes to regarding myself as a malicious person.
There is, however something about it I wouldn't want to miss: It adds an alternative view to everything I see. As the real world is translated into the world of words I am able to interpret it a little bit easier and - hopefully - more accurately.
So that's where my affection for stories and story telling is rooted. Since I'm continually told lots of stories I just thought I'd share some of them.

So there, that's why I write.

3 Comments:

  • Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
    you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
    zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
    a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 PM  

  • What price the moon?
    In a startling admission, NASA chief Michael Griffin told USA Today's editorial board that the manned space shuttle and International Space Station projects have been misguided for decades.
    Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to music on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like music!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:20 PM  

  • Wake-up call to businesses: bloggers are talking about you
    This just in in the cluetrain department: three out of five PR consultants surveyed recently agree that businesses need to "wake up" to the blog "threat." I think the use of the word "threat" is a bit telling, ...
    Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! You might find mine of interest, go see my work from home related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home